Life can be very challenging for some people and that can make it especially hard to keep your home and household running smoothly.
Sometimes that can put your tenancy at risk - whether it's keeping up with the rent or meeting other parts of your tenancy contract with us.
If you are in a difficult situation and struggling to cope, we want to do all we can to support you to stay in your home. We can offer short-term, intensive support and coaching to help you become more resilient and manage your situation more effectively.
We work alongside other teams within Futures, as well as external agencies, to create an holistic package of support designed to meet your needs and get your life back on track.
- How we can help
- Your home
- Health services
- Skills, confidence and wellbeing
- Intensive support
- Useful links
Our tenancy support service is designed to help those customers facing the most day-to-day challenges to cope better with all aspects of life and to live comfortably and securely in their homes.
We work closely with other services such as employability and money advice, as well as external agencies, to ensure you get the best package of support.
If you are struggling to manage your tenancy for any reason, we can help by supporting you to:
- Set up utilities (gas, water, electricity, TV license) and Direct Debits to keep on top of your bills.
- Get more involved in the community by joining community groups.
- Look at negative behaviours within your home or community and find ways of addressing them that help you and others to have a more positive approach to life.
- Apply for grants and other types of support with things such as getting furniture and appliances for your home.
- Get access to foodbanks and the paint project.
Poor health can make life very difficult. We can help you get support from the healthcare system in several ways, including:
- support to register with a GP
- help making or managing healthcare appointments
- referrals to specialist agencies such as the mental health team
- attending GP or hospital appointments with you if necessary
- linking in with social prescribing services.
We want to empower our customers to make positive life choices and feel confident in themselves. We can support you to:
- get into routines that can help with home life.
- access appointments to build confidence such as community groups, baby and toddler groups and the freedom programme
- access recreational activities or groups to improve your emotional health and wellbeing.
As well as supporting you with your home and independence, we are also here for the more difficult situations that you may come across including:
- Supporting customers who are experiencing domestic abuse or who have in the past.
- Safeguarding concerns
- Helping those dealing with substance misuse by referring to external agencies and implementing ways to manage and reduce risk
If you need support with any of the issues on this list, please get in touch with your neighbourhood Oufficer to discuss.
Derbyshire and surrounding areas
- Derbyshire County Council, Community Directory for Families Synergy - Enquiry (derbyshire.gov.uk)
- Derbyshire Community Health Services Departments and services - Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Derbyshire Recovery Partnership – substance misuse help and support – 0115 9309442
- Derbyshire Mental Health Crisis Helpline – 0800 028 0077
- Samaritans – 116 123
Northampton and surrounding areas
- West Northants Council www.westnorthants.gov.uk
- Community Directory for Families and Local Services www.daventrydc.gov.uk
- Northants Recovery Partnership - substance misuse help and support - 01604 211304 https://changegrowlive.org
- Mental Health Crisis Helpline - 01327 879416 www.northamptonmind.org.uk
- Samaritans - 0845 790 9090