What is Modern Slavery?
Modern slavery is where a person is brought to, or moved around the country by others who threaten, frighten or hurt them, and force them into work or other things they don’t want to do.
It is a term used to describe:
- Human trafficking, slavery, forced labour and domestic servitude
- Slavery practices such as debt bondage, sale or exploitation of children and forced marriage
Modern slavery is, by definition, the same as human trafficking, but this involves the act of transporting and movement of people.
Read our Modern Slavery Statement to find out what we are doing as a company to prevent slavery and human trafficking.
Reporting Modern Slavery
If you are about or suspect that a person may be a potential victim of modern slavery / trafficking, please contact:
- If the person is at immediate risk then call 999 or 101
- Call your local authority safe guarding team
- Tell Futures Housing Group