Many people find themselves in debt at some stage in their life, it doesn’t matter how big or how many debts you have, they can be dealt with.
Saw your stress in half with these simple tricks:
- Don’t panic
- Write down all of your debts.
- Deal with debts that could result in you losing your home, going to prison, paying a fine or having your gas and electricity cut off, first.
- Check you are claiming all the benefits and tax credits you are entitled to
- Do not borrow money to pay off debts
- Get in touch with everyone you owe money to and explain your situation.
- Always go to court hearings
- Keep copies of all the letters or forms you send, complete or receive.
More debt advice
StepChange is a registered charity able to give free, impartial debt help to anyone in the UK. If you have questions on what creditors, bailiffs or debt collection agencies can do, StepChange can help.