An overview of how we collect and use your information
Futures Housing Group (‘the Group’) takes your privacy seriously, and we want to let you know how we collect and use your information.
This overview covers:
- The types of information we collect about you
- How we collect and use it
- Who we share it with
- How we keep it safe and secure
- Rights you have to your information
- COntinous REcording of Social Housing lettings and Sales (CORE)
Our Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that the Group collects and uses. You can see the full version here:
If you’d rather have a paper copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you one in the post.
Who we are
References in this Privacy Notice to ‘the Group’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ mean Futures Housing Group Limited of Asher House, Asher Lane Business Park, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3SW.
We are the ‘Data Controller’ for the information in this overview. This means we are responsible for how we collect and use your information.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ in our Privacy Notice, we mean information that relates to you and allows us to identify you. For example your name, address, contact details and date of birth.
We collect information about you from different places which may include:
- directly from you;
- from a third party acting for you;
- from Futures Housing Group subsidiaries (Futures Homescape Limited, Futures Homeway Limited, Futures Greenscape Limited, Limehouse Developments Limited and Five Doorways Homes Limited);
- from other organisations.
We will only collect and use your personal information in line with data protection laws.
You are responsible for making sure you provide accurate and up to date information and for letting us know if anything changes. If you give us information about another person, such as someone who lives with you, you will need to tell them how to find the Privacy Notice and make sure they agree to their information being used for the purposes set out in it.
We will only use your information when we are allowed to by law, including:
- to fulfil a contract we have with you (such as your tenancy agreement);
- to fulfil a legal obligation;
- to protect the vital interests of you or someone else;
- where we have a legitimate business interest;
- to fulfil a task that is in the public interest;
- where you agree to it.
We will use it to provide services that you have requested and other purposes such as:
- to confirm your identity and address;
- to carry out your instructions;
- to improve our products and services;
- to let you know about other products or services we think you might be interested in – we will need your consent to do this.
We won’t give out or send your information to anyone else for the purposes of marketing unless you ask us to.
Your personal data may be shared with other companies within our Group and other companies we work in partnership with. We may also share your information with others outside of the Group such as regulatory bodies, auditors, contractors, local authorities, police, social services, insurers, agencies, solicitors, HMRC, pension providers, healthcare providers and fraud prevention agencies.
Please refer to Section 8 of our full Privacy Notice for the full list www.futureshg.co.uk/privacy
Keeping information about you safe and secure is very important to us, so we keep and use it in line with the high standards required under data protection legislation. Your information may need to be stored in, or sent to, countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’), which may not have the same level of security and protection as we have under UK legislation. If we have to do this, we will make sure that suitable security measures are in place.
By using our website you agree to maintain confidentiality by not sharing or writing down usernames, passwords or other authentication information you use to sign into any of our services.
We will only keep your information for as long as we legitimately need it. This might be for as long as you have a relationship with us, or longer where we need it for legitimate reasons such as legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
From 25 May 2018 you have rights to the personal information we hold about you which include:
- seeing what information we hold on you;
- updating incorrect information or in some instances you can ask us to remove it;
- objecting or restricting use of your information;
- asking us to share your information with another party.
You can find further details about your rights in our full privacy notice. If you wish to take up any of your rights or have a complaint about the way your personal information is handled, please contact email@example.com or write to the Data Protection Manager at Asher House, Asher Lane Business Park, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3SW.
If you are not happy with the way we deal with your complaint you can contact the UK’s data protection regulator www.ico.org.uk
Social housing customers who entered into a tenancy after 1989 should also be aware that providers like us have shared your personal information with the Government for research purposes.
Here is some Government guidance about what this was for, who it affects and why this happened.
We are using TransUnion, a credit reference agency, to help locate and find former customers who have outstanding debt left with us. This will enable us to make contact and try and resolve/make agreements to clear any outstanding debt and enable us to take further action against those who don’t acknowledge and repay the monies due.
Updated November 2018