Futures Housing Group Limited and its subsidiaries, Futures Homescape Limited, Futures Homeway Limited, Futures Greenscape Limited and Five Doorways Homes Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Futures Housing Group Limited of Asher House, Asher Lane, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BF.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you when you contact us through our website: http://futureshg.co.uk (our site). This includes information you provide when you use our site, register for, or use, our self-service portal (the portal), through the account login or creation facility on our website and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, national insurance number, gender, marital status, preferred language, religion, ethnic group and phone number. You may provide us with further information through the Contact tab on our site or on the portal when you:
- report a repair;
- wish to make a payment or ask a question relating to your rent history;
- report anti-social behaviour;
- ask a question about your tenancy or another matter;
- make a complaint;
- ask a question of a more general nature.
Where you provide us with personal information relating to members of your family or your associates we will assume that you do so with their knowledge and consent.
It is important that you notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible so that we can contact you easily.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, , analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about use of our website. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to this site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve our website.
If you wish to, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your web browser or you can use Google’s opt out tool within Chrome.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to provide our housing services to you e.g. to:
- keep in touch with you, understand your needs and invite you to events;
- tell you about changes to Futures Housing Group Limited;
- meet your housing management needs and requirements;
- manage payments from you, to you and for accounting purposes, including debt collection;
- provide additional services at your request, including skills training and every day support services;
- prevent and detect crime and for quality management purposes;
- meet our legal obligations including the requirements of our funders or regulators;
- resolve complaints and queries;
- participate in iniatives to assist in the prevention of financial and social exclusion.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information, in accordance with the Act, with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- our staff, contractors and suppliers who provide services to you or on our behalf. We will always ensure that we have adequate and appropriate information sharing protocols or data processing agreements in place in such cases;
- local authorities, other housing and support organisations and statutory agencies;
- mediation and advocacy partner organisations;
- our solicitors;
- our insurers, in case of public liability claims and similar;
- credit reference agencies for rental tenants;
- debt collection agencies to collect current and former debt;
- organisations providing external assistance where you have agreed to the referral e.g. to help with money problems;
- training providers or institutions;
- utility companies;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Futures Housing Group Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In some cases we may have a duty to disclose your information by law to:
- other housing associations;
- local authorities, regulators and government departments;
- police, fire services or health authorities, or medical staff;
- others who may need information from us for their own purposes (for crime prevention or detection, for the prevention and detection of fraud, for the purposes of the National Fraud Iniative, for example).
We will not share your personal information with anyone who claims to act on your behalf unless we are provided with (i) sufficient evidence of their identity and (ii) evidence of their authority to act on your behalf.
We do not ever provide your personal information to other companies for their marketing purposes.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We would like to provide you with information about events, services and other information which we think you may find interesting.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for such purposes (which may fall within the definition of direct marketing under the Data Protection Act 1998). We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. Where we wish to contact you by email or text message for the above purposes, we will always seek your prior consent and, if you later change your mind, you can always exercise the right to opt-out of any form of direct marketing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access (a Subject Access Request) can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any Subject Access Request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Please note that the Act does not allow us to provide information relating to third parties, except where those individuals have provided their consent for such disclosure.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request for copies of information which we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection Officer, Futures Housing Group Limited, Asher House, Asher Lane Business Park, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BF. You will be asked to provide evidence of your identity and we may need you to provide us with information in order to assist us in locating the information which you seek.
Please note that if you wish someone to act on your behalf in making a request for your information, they will be required to provide proof of their own identity plus written evidence of their authority to act on your behalf.